Phone: (07) 4162 1404  Email:

The bowls club idea was presented at a meeting of Kingaroy citizen and district farmers on the 10th December 1935 and it was hoped that it would be situated in Memorial park and known as the Kingaroy Bowls Club.

The first President, Mr W C Hervey was elected two weeks later along with Mr O S Bond and Mr L N Freeman as Vice Presidents.  Mr E S Littlejohn (Treasurer), Mr S Molen (Secretary ) and Mr W J Lang as Greens Director. Mr E B Searle
of Mitchell was the Green Keeper. Affiliation was with the Wide Bay and Burnett District Association. By Jan 1936 the plans for the first green had been drawn up and construction was to start as soon as funds were available. In February 1936, an application was made to council for 1000 pounds for the green in Memorial Park and at a council meeting the application was rejected. By June land had been aquired in Youngman Street and construction of the green commenced, but with rain being badly needed it progressed slowly.

14th February 1937 saw the official opening of the 6 rink green by the Queensland Bowlers Association and on the 2nd March 1937 the official opening of the Kingaroy bowls club took place with a membership of 60. By 1938 the membership had risen to 80 with the Ladies Bowls club being formed in October of that year (another party). 240 members was the count in its hayday in the 80’s, but with age and declining membership the club has slipped at just over 100. The current Commitee along with the ladies and mens Presidents are working hard to try and get the club back to its place as one of the social hubs of Kingaroy.